Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – Singer-Songwriters
In the world of popular music, singer-songwriters not only sing but also write songs, usually for themselves to sing. Try to answer these questions about singers who also write songs.
1. Which US singer-songwriter had the most successful album of the early 1970s, in a duo with Art Garfunkel, with “Bridge Over Troubled Water”?
2. Which popular singer and songwriter had best-selling albums with “Off The Wall” (1979) and “Thriller” (1982)?
3. Born Robert Zimmerman in 1941, which influential singer-songwriter “went electric” for the albums “Highway 61 Revisited” and “Blonde on Blonde”?
4. Which singer-songwriter was murdered by Mark David Chapman in 1980?
5. Which Canadian singer-songwriter composed the songs “Both Sides Now” and “Big Yellow Taxi”?
6. P. J. Harvey is a singer-songwriter. What is her first name (starting with P)?
7. Which Canadian singer-songwriter was a poet and novelist before he made albums entitled “Songs from a Room” and “Death of a Ladies’ Man”?
8. Which American singer-songwriter made albums called “Tuesday Night Music Club” and “The Globe Sessions” and performed the title track to the James Bond movie “Tomorrow Never Dies”?
9. Which female singer-songwriter reached the American Top Five with “Chuck E’s in Love” (1979)?
10. Which singer-songwriter married singer-songwriter Carly Simon in 1972?