Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – Sports Venues
Can you answer these questions about various sports venues?
1. Lord’s Cricket Ground in London was named after Thomas Lord: true or false?
2. In which American city is the arena of Madison Square Garden?
3. In which French city is the racecourse known as Longchamps?
4. In which country is the winter-sports centre of Andermatt?
5. In which country is Monza’s racetrack, the Autodromo?
6. In which country is the winter-sports resort of Lillehammer?
7. In which country is the Curragh racecourse?
8. In which country is the Formula 1 circuit at Interlagos?
9. “The Gabba” is short for the Woolloongabba Cricket Ground in which city?
10. In which city in South Africa is Ellis Park?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)