Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – General Knowledge
Here’s another of our general knowledge brainteasers – to test the breadth and depth of what you know.
1. How many days does February have in a leap year?
2. Which famous city landmark in Paris was erected in the Champs-de-Mars for the Paris Exhibition of 1889?
3. In Roman numerals, what number is represented by the letter V?
4. Which member of the girl group Destiny’s Child had the surname “Knowles”?
5. Which author wrote “Adam Bede”, “The Mill on the Floss” and “Silas Marner”?
6. The title “dauphin” was formerly used for what relation of the king of France?
7. Which Spanish painter was one of the most notorious surrealists and developed a repertoire of striking, dreamlike, hallucinatory images – distorted human figures, limp pocket watches, and burning giraffes?
8. Is a dory a kind of antelope, butterfly or fish?
9. In which year did the USA enter World War I?
10. Is Beethoven’s 6th Symphony known as the Choral, the Pastoral, or the Unfinished?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)