Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – 2002
It was only ten years ago, but can you remember things that happened in 2002? All these questions relate to the year 2002.
1. In 2002, whom did musician Paul McCartney marry?
2. New notes and coins were issued on 1 January 2002 in several European countries for what currency?
3. What was the first name of David and Victoria Beckham’s second child, born on 1 Sept 2002: Brooklyn, Romeo or Cruz?
4. Which humorous British weekly paper closed in 1992, was relaunched in 1996 by the Egyptian entrepreneur Mohamed al-Fayed, but folded in 2002?
5. In 2002, which American film producer and writer produced the film “Bowling for Columbine” and the book “Stupid White Men, and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation”?
6. In 2002, which American actor died after appearing in such films as “On the Waterfront”, “The Pawnbroker” and “In the Heat of the Night”?
7. Bass player John Entwistle died in 2002. Which group was he famous for playing in?
8. in 2002, who was re-elected as President of France following a second round run-off with the extreme right-wing candidate Jean-Marie Le Pen?
9. The 39th president of the US was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in 2002 for his efforts to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts. What was his name?
10. Which country on a small island in south-east Asia gained independence from Indonesia in 2002?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)