Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – Television
This week’s brainteaser is about television and some of the programmes shown on it, old and new.
1. Which US science-fiction television series included the characters Captain Kirk and Mr Spock?
2. “D’oh!” is the characteristic cry of pain or exasperation frequently uttered by Homer in which TV series?
3. In talking about television, what does “HDTV” stand for?
4. Who was the co-writer with Ricky Gervais for the TV series “The Office’?
5. Which television show starred Davy Jones, Mike Nesmith, Peter Tork and Micky Dolenz?
6. Who played Chief Inspector Morse in the television series “Morse”?
7. “The truth is out there” appeared in the opening credits of which American series about two FBI agents?
8. Which American animated television comedy follows the adventures of Eric Cartman, Kyle Broflovski, Stan Marsh and Kenny McCormick?
9. Name four of the six members of the British comedy team who made the television series “Monty Python’s Flying Circus”.
10. Wooburn Grange in Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, served as which building in a 1970s BBC television sitcom?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)