Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – General Knowledge
This week’s brainteaser is to test the breadth as well as the depth of your knowledge.
1. In “Sesame Street” and the “Muppet Show”, what sort of animal was Kermit?
2. Which rock group released albums called “Their Satanic Majesties Request” and “Sticky Fingers”?
3. The word “Hock” is used to refer to wine from which country?
4. Which animal is usually associated with Capricorn, the tenth sign of the zodiac?
5. Monza is well known for its motor-racing circuit. In which country is Monza?
6. “Zn” is the symbol for which chemical element?
7. Was the film “Casablanca” made before, during, or after the Second World War?
8. Who was the predecessor of John F. Kennedy as president of the United States?
9. What shape is the pitch in Australian Rules football?
10. What name is usually given to Beethoven’s 3rd Symphony?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)