Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – Shakespeare
You may not think you are an expert on literature, but many people can recall things about Shakespeare. Test your knowledge of the Bard with this brainteaser.
1. In which town was Shakespeare born?
2. Shakespeare’s play “Hamlet” is set in which country?
3. Who was Shakespeare’s wife?
4. There was a real king of Scotland called Macbeth. Is this true or false?
5. In which Shakespeare play do the words “Et tu, Brute?” occur?
6. Which of Shakespeare’s comedies includes characters called Oberon, Titania, Puck and Bottom?
7. In a Shakespeare play, who was described like this: “Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale/Her infinite variety”?
8. Which Shakespeare story was used as the basis of a 1999 American teenage comedy film, “10 Things I Hate About You”?
9. Which Shakespeare play includes the words “All the world’s a stage”?
10. The musical by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart called “The Boys from Syracuse” is derived from which Shakespeare play?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)