Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – Enthusiasts
This brainteaser is about people who are enthusiastic about studying something or collecting things.
1. What does a discophile collect and study?
2. What does a philatelist study and collect?
3. A zoologist is someone concerned with the scientific study of what?
4. What does a bibliophile love or collect?
5. “Twitcher” is an informal name for what kind of person (not someone who twitches)?
6. Is anthropology the scientific study of animals, human beings or apes?
7. Paleontology is the study of what?
8. What does a lepidopterist study or collect?
9. A numismatist is a person who studies or collects what?
10. Deltiology is the hobby of collecting and studying what?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)