Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – Keyboards
This brainteaser is about keyboard instruments – musical instruments which have a keyboard.
1. Are the white keys at the front or the back of a modern keyboard?
2. Is a concertina usually bigger or smaller than an accordion?
3. The Moog synthesizer was developed by a man called Moog – true or false?
4. How is the air normally pumped in a harmonium?
5. What kind of piano did Harold Rhodes develop with Leo Fender?
6. What is a portative organ?
7. Add the correct keyboard instrument to this title of a composition by Bartók premiered in 1937: “Music for Strings, Percussion and…”
8. How are the strings of a harpsichord sounded?
9. The hydraulis was an early form of which keyboard instrument?
10. What are the keys of a carillon usually made of?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)