Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – Hutchinson
Credo reference is continually updating its titles, and one of the latest is The Hutchinson Unabridged Encyclopedia with Atlas and Weather Guide. Here you can find all the answers to this general knowledge brainteaser.
1. In which Irish city was the famous Abbey Theatre opened in 1904?
2. What nickname was given to US jazz pianist and composer Edward Kennedy Ellington?
3. Helsinki is the capital of which country?
4. What was the nationality of the composer Beethoven?
5. If a gardener cultivates “bonsai”, what does he grow?
6. Which Shakespeare play includes the characters Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
7. Which philosopher is popularly most famous for the statement “cogito ergo sum” (I think, therefore I am)?
8. Who wrote the books “Siddhartha” (1922) and “Steppenwolf” (1927)?
9. In which state was US president Barack Obama born?
10. What does a vasodilator do?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)