Credo Reference Friday Brainteaser – Cathedrals
This week’s brainteaser is about cathedrals and the cities they are in.
The questions and answers to the quiz are below. In order to see the answers, click the Show the Answer link next to the appropriate question.
1. Who designed St Paul’s Cathedral in London? Show the Answers ▼
2. Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral is on an island in which river? Show the Answers ▼
3. A cathedral is distinguished by being a church in which what kind of clergyman presides or officiates? Show the Answers ▼
4. In which country is Chartres cathedral? Show the Answers ▼
5. In which city is the largest Gothic cathedral in Italy? Show the Answers ▼
6. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was built to serve as what for the city’s cathedral? Show the Answers ▼
7. Who designed the dome of St Peter’s Cathedral in Rome? Show the Answers ▼
8. Who wrote the verse drama “Murder in the Cathedral” (1935)? Show the Answers ▼
9. Which French artist painted the picture “Rouen Cathedral, West Portal, Grey Weather, 1894″? Show the Answers ▼
10. Name the architect who designed the dome of Florence cathedral. Show the Answers ▼
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)